Sunday, December 12, 2021

Gingerbread Train

 Howdy my crafty peeps! 

Today I am sharing a little more Christmas inspiration. As soon as I saw this set from Elizabeth Craft Designs, I knew I wanted to make a gingerbread train.  Here is the front of the card.  I used the Dotted Background die which I inked with Distress Inks before cutting. In the holes that were cut out, I heat embossed them with Sparkle and Puff from Stampendous. For the train itself, I used kraft cardstock with a bit of inking. I really wanted the effect of gumdrops on the train so I added some glossy accents with Tim Holtz Rock Candy glitter. This combination make for awesome sugary objects. The sprinkles were cut with different colors of glitter cardstock. The engine comes with peppermint wheels. I wanted to carry that theme throughout the train, so I added the small wheel to the train cars. For the "icing" on the train, I once again heat embossed with Sparkle and Puff. 



With the "sweet" front of the card, I used a simple sentiment to compliment the front of the card. 





Thanks so much for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Carrots!

 Howdy my crafty friends! Today I am sharing my this sweet treat box using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this project, I used the ...