Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coloring on Glitter

Happy weekend to everyone. I wanted to share a technique that I learned last weekend at a crafting class. Everyone there was coloring with Copic markers but me, well I colored with my Spectrum Noir markers of course.

 
 
This is Christmas Elf Marci from La-La Land crafts. She has been colored on Glitter Ritz Micro fine glitter.  The first thing we did was cover paper with double sided adhesive. Next we added that glitter and burnished that glitter well onto the adhesive. After that we stamped the image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. Once dry, it coloring time!
 
Here are the colors that I used:
 
Greens: CG1, CG3, CG4
Pinks: PP2, PP4, PP5
Reds: CR6, CR8, DR5, DR7
Browns: TN3, TN5, TN7, TN8
Skin: FS2, FS4, FS7, FS9
Blush/ Lips: CR3, CR5
White on candy cane: BG1, BG2
Buckle: CT1, CT2, CT4
Shadow: IB1
 

  
 

Here is the finished card, I absolutely love this technique!  I cannot wait to try it again!

I am entering this card into
the Spectrum Noir challenge - use Flowers.
the 52CCT challenge - die cuts/punched pieces
the Mema Crafts challenge -  Anything goes winter/holiday theme

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. WOW, that looks AMAZING!!! Gorgeous coloring and a fab technique! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT--please add a link if you'd like to be considered for any honors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous! What a terrific effect that has and I would love to try it. Your coloring is gorgeous and the dies all around are just the perfect mix. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT! Hope you'll join us again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is amazing, so many lovely details and great coloring too! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet image and a beautiful card! What a great technique too!
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful! This shine in the picture is fabulous.
    The little elf is totally cute and so beautifully colored. I also like the scene incredibly well! Great card!

    Greetings from France ...Rosi

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Carrots!

 Howdy my crafty friends! Today I am sharing my this sweet treat box using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this project, I used the ...