Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hello my crafty friends!

Today I would like to share with you a craft project that I created primarily  using Karen Burniston dies and a few thing that I had in my craft room.

A while ago, I made an explosion box card for one of my co-workers. It was very well received and she was so excited to have a project like this. I decided to recreate it but this time using KB dies. I love how it turned out.

I have used a papers from Graphic 45. The box on top is using a My Favorite Things bow die.




Once the box is opened, the dimensional cake inside is revealed. The sentiment inside is from the Karen Burniston Word Set 2 Die. 


Here is a close of photo if the cake. The flowers were made from The Flower Pot Pop Up die set except for the roses which were from La La Land Crafts. The leaves were a combination of dies from the Flow Pot Pop Up and a leaf die from La La Land crafts. The cake was crated using circles from the Snowman Twist Circle die and the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch. Here is a close up photo of the cake. 


Although this is a birthday cake, it could easily be used for a wedding cake, etc,  I am looking forward to trying to use more dies outside of their "intended" purpose. 

KB Riley Supplies Used: 

 

 

Other Supplies: 
 








1 comment:

  1. Hello Sumner. Not only is your card one of the most brightly colorful ones I've seen, it is also one of the most cleverly designed ones Karen has shown. I love that you found a different way to use dies for another great design! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Carrots!

 Howdy my crafty friends! Today I am sharing my this sweet treat box using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this project, I used the ...