Thursday, October 21, 2021

Halloween Florals

   Howdy my crafty peeps!  

I recently collected the new Tim Holtz Mica Stains. What does a crafter do? The PLAY with their new toys. I picked out a few colors that would work great for fall. As you can see, even the "Christmas" colors work in this project. While the may have names specific for certain holidays, they are NOT limited to just using during those holidays. Here are the colors that I was working with. 




I sprayed my Strathmore Bristol paper with different colors of  both regular Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Sprays. I knew that I wanted to make some leaves with a fall colors such as red, orange, and yellow. I also wanted some leaves on the green side as well. For those I kept used yellows and greens. I also added a little bit of Crooked Broomstick to the papers when they were nearly dry. I wanted to maintain some of the brown in the papers and not blend so much. I absolutely LOVE how these papers turned out. 





Next, I cut out leaves using the Lacy Leaves and Maple Leaves dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I just love love love how they turned out. 




After that, I crafted some flowers. For the small purple ones, I used the blossoms from the Strawberries Dies. I also cut and shaped flowers using the Florals 8 and Florals 9 dies. For the center of the purple flowers, I used some glue on some of the circle flower centers and the Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter. The sparkle on the black flowers was achieved using some Nuvo Agua Shimmer.



To make the card, I placed a piece of double sided adhesive onto a piece of orange cardstock. Next, I pulled back the backing sheet and attached a black web which was cut using the Spiderweb Slimline Background. I was careful not to touch the exposed adhesive with my fingers. I used a piece of the release sheet to press the web into place. Once that was fully adhered, I added Orange SMG to the exposed adhesive. I arranged the leaves and flowers that I made to the card. I also used Planner Essentials dies to create the sentiment on this card. This was cut using purple cardstock topped with double sided adhesive. I used Amethyst SMG to cover the adhesive topped words/numbers.  





I added some leaves and pieces from my diecut stash that I had cut during prior projects. 





Here is a close up of the floral arrangement. Can you see the shimmer from the mica in the Distress Mica Stains? So pretty in person.







Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this inspires your to play with fun custom papers to make pretty things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Carrots!

 Howdy my crafty friends! Today I am sharing my this sweet treat box using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this project, I used the ...