Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Upcycled Scissor Box

   Howdy my crafty peeps! I have been gone a long time. My studio is in my garage and itis my favorite place to unwind. Unfortunately, the garage door had to be replaced which involved me clearing out my craft studio. Saddly, this task facilitated me losing my mojo. I had just gotten my craft room perfect and then had to distroy it. I do many hobbys so I have lots of craft supplies. I found the task daunting given my health. Well, I have finally been able to put most of the room back together and found my mojo. While putting my studio back together, I realized that I have a plethera of scissors. What is a crafter to do than to create their own. 

While organizing, I found a box that would be perfect. I picked out these beautiful papers from 49 and Market. The box I inked with some Vintage Photo and Walnut Strain Distress Inks.  



After adhereing the papers to the box, I went to work cutting out flowers and coloring them with Archival Ink.  The dies I used are from Elizabeth Craft Designs. 






Next I worked on shaping and creating flower layers with the die cuts.  



I mixed some Cool Diamond Glitter with translucent gel. Using a stencil that I created from an Elizabeth Craft Designs die, I added the mixture to the box using a spatula. Once dry, I added the flowers I created with the inked and shaped die cuts. I also added feet purchaed at hobby lobby becuase they had a lower profile. I also glittered some diecut letters from the Planner Essentials collection and placed them on the box. 


Here you can see a corner view. Hopefully you can see the sparkle from the glittered texture gel.  The flower cluster here is the inspiration for the chosen colors.  



Here is the other sides. Only added the flowers to the front of the box to allow for more versitility in placement in my workspace. 



Here is the completed project.  I love looking at this on my desk while I am crafting.





Thanks so much for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Carrots!

 Howdy my crafty friends! Today I am sharing my this sweet treat box using dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this project, I used the ...